Empowering young people to grow in leadership.
The YFC Uganda LEAD project is aimed at empowering young people especially those in leadership positions to grow in leadership, spiritual growth and godly character.
This project is needed to train godly leaders in Uganda who will be able to positively influence others and their communities. They will break the cycle of poor leadership, dysfunctional homes, and poverty, raising the standard of morality, good governance, functional families and a transformed nation in the long run. With financial assistance from Foundation for the Nations the LEAD project was able to:
- Run leadership seminars for 446 school prefects, church and community leaders
- Train 28 young leaders
- Buy a van for the ministry
- Buy a sound system
- Help to build a training hall
- Pay staff salaries
Through the leadership talks in schools over 13,000 young people were reached, of whom 2,700 committed their lives to the Lord. Some of the young leaders have taken up leadership positions in schools or churches.
- The long–term impact of the project is:
- Young people will be able to live exemplary Christian lives, achieve their God–given goals, and live lives full of meaning and purpose. There will be increased peer evangelism.
- There will be increased presence of good values in families and communities we serve creating more functional homes that are good role models for others.
- Godly leaders in communities to influence others positively, hence reducing the level of corruption, immorality and dysfunctional homes.
- Breaking the cycle of poor leadership in communities, schools and churches.
- Raised standards of morality in schools and communities we serve, to value their bodies and value sex for marriage.